Christmas and New Years in New York City
Travel video vlog about our trip to New York City during Christmas and New Year’s Eve in 2019.
The City of New York, often called New York City (NYC) or simply New York (NY), is the most populous city in the United States and it is located at the southern tip of the state of New York on the East coast of the United States.
We arrived in New York City on 25 December 2018, and stayed until 01 January 2019 in the neighborhood of Manhattan. New York is such a big city with so many things to do and things to see that we had no set plan for our trip, we did things and went sightseeing at our own leisure during our trip. I have to admit that probably was not the best decision we made since the city was extremely crowded due to the holidays. Despite knowing that New York would be busy during Xmas, we were overwhelmed by the crowds, there were a lot more than we were expecting in the city, especially in areas like Times Square and Rockefeller Centre. Lines to go on top to the Empire state building for example, were about 3 hours long. The way we found to beat the crowds and enjoy more the city was to pay the premium price for most attractions, which allowed us to “skip the line” and sometimes included other things in our tickets such as beverages during our visit. If you are planning a Trip to New York around this time of the year, I suggest being mindful of crowds and planning things ahead to make sure you get the most of your trip.
For the entire week that we were in NYC, it did not snow, so unfortunately we did not have a white Xmas on this trip. To avoid the crowds and the rain, we also chose not to watch the ball drop in Times Square during during New Years eve, and instead watched the fireworks from Central Park on the night of 31 Dec.
Here are the places we visited while in New York:
1. Times Square (0:09) – definitely one of the most crowded tourist destinations in the city, most known for its Broadway theaters and big advertisement billboards displayed on buildings.
2. Rockefeller Center (0:18) – a historic landmark for dining and shopping in Midtown Manhattan. It is a popular touristic attraction during Xmas due to its Big Christmas tree.
3. The Toy store (Fao Schwarz – 0:25) – also located on Rockefeller Center, is an attraction of its own, especially during this time of the year, with families lining up for 3 blocks just to get in and see the toys.
4. Bryant park with ice skating (0:36)
5. Empire state building (00:39) – is a great place to visit because it offers panoramic 360 views of the city
6. Macys Christmas display (1:02)
7. The charging bull in lower Manhattan (1:19) – which is a symbol of the American stock market
8. The state Island ferry (1:21) – this is a must do while in New York City because its free and it provides you with views of the statue of liberty.
9. Central Park (1:27) – which is one of the most famous parks in the world and a great place to relax or do sightseeing.
10. Williamsburg (2:12) a lovely area near Brooklyn which was surprisingly free of tourists, amazing spot to watch the sunset.
11. Metropolitan Opera House (2:18)
12. Times Square by night (2:31)
13. NYC Grand Central Terminal Station (2:39)
14. The World Trade Center Complex (03:04)
15. Reflecting Absence memorial (03:08) – which honors the victims of the September 11 attacks and the 1993 World Trade Center bombing
16. Top of the One world tower (03:24) – which also offers panoramic views of the city.
This video was recorded with the following camera:
1. Panasonic Lumix GX85 in 4K videos
2. DJI Osmo Pocket in 4 videos
Music: Ikson, Stardust – https://soundcloud.com/ikson/ikson-stardust
Thanks for watching this travel diary / vlog. If you like the video, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe. I hope that this travel guide and video can help you plan your trip to New York City.
Watch here our Phoenix and Sedona video: https://youtu.be/Vc5XeyV-O2c
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment and I will make sure to get back to you 🙂
**Follow me on instagram: viviguerra
- 4 k
- ball drop
- BRYANT PARK
- central park
- empire state buiding
- grand central station
- ice skating
- new years
- new york
- new york city
- one world tower
- Rockefeller Center
- Statue of Liberty.
- times square
- travel diary
- travel guide
- United States
- what to do
- World Trade Center